Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

I have a '65 Fastback that is not a GT and I want to add the GT fog lights to my car. Obviously my radiator support panel does not have the punched openings for the fog light feed nor does my firewall and Im asking for any help with finding the correct (concorse) location for me to drill the holes for the harness feed. Any help with providing me with some pictures of those locations or diagram would be very helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
320 Posts

These are the locations for where the fog light wiring goes through the radiator support and firewall.
You will find dimples at all 3 locations. Kinda hard to see, but in the 3rd picture, the gray wire is the fog light feed that goes thru the firewall. The dimple will be located under the larger plug that goes thru the firewall, at the same location , behind the brake distribution block, and close to the drivers side inner fender apron. The Osborn assembly manual calls for .75 diameter holes thru the radiator support and a .437 diameter hole at the firewall.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I’ve been following this discussion in the other forum as I will need to add holes to my replacement core support. I have a 66 fastback that has everything a GT is supposed to have, but the hole locations have always puzzled me. The hole for the feed through the firewall is slightly above and inboard of the washer harness and as far as I can tell there is no dimple below the square plug. The fog light switch hole in the dash is in the correct location, but looks to have been drilled rather than stamped. Same goes for the seatbelt warning light. While this is not a concours car having things in the obvious wrong place just bothers me.
This was a special order with a scheduled build date of Sept. 30, 1965, but I have found seat tags labeled Oct. 10, 1965.
Any insight would be helpful. I feel confident as one can be that this is a GT except for the hole placement.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys!!! The pictures and diagrams are exactly what I needed and most helpful for me to finish the installation of my fog lights. 😀

1 - 5 of 5 Posts