Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install new seats in my 65 cv. Is there a particular car that works well with the 65 floor pan.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
it is possible to use any late model mustang seats from 79-03. They will all work with little modification.Other folks have used stuff from the other Fords and even imports. Do a search because I found much info prior to buying my seats and installling them in an hour. There is much useful stuff, in fact, check out the link to a thread, it has some pics to look at. I am very happy with my decision of upgrading to late model seats, I have a far superior seat, more comfort, leather upholstery, they look good, and they were 1/2 the price of restoring my old, hard as a rock, stock seats. the downside is they sit taller, and some of my taller friends (everyone is taller than me!) have their heads rub the headliner. That is easily solved since the seats recline as well. check it out, there is mucho information here. The hardest part is learning how to search successfully...I'm still working on that one...Good luck, TP.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=forum&Number=516128&Forum=All_Forums&Words=what%20kind%20of%20seats&Match=And&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=516027&Search=true#Post516128

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
oops, sorry guys, I made this rrreaally lllooong with that link, I will have to work on that...bear with me please... TP.

·
Registered
10,060 Posts
Yep, any late model Mustang seats will work, all you have to do is move the mounting studs as the are different front to back wise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts