Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says where’s a good place to buy new “stock” suspension parts I’m staying with the original suspension style, so where’s the best place to buy the parts that’s not so expensive I mean some websites I see a control arm $200 and then another for $80 it’s crazy!

·
Registered
35,922 Posts
Being the anal retentive obsessive compulsive sort I start by figuring out what I want (part, manufacturer, etc.) and searching via the manufacturer's part number and/or description to see who has the part and the current pricing. Then I take into consideration WHO the supplier/vendor is to determine if it makes sense to pay a little bit more for "value added service" including "peace of mind".

I've had good luck lately with stuff for my daily drivers from Amazon who, in some cases, has the order fulfilled by an affiliate who also sells the item independently. While it's common knowledge that NPD typically has great service and decent prices, sometimes there is a deal just too good to pass up.... like when I bought a PAIR of Dorman upper control arms for $38...DELIVERED.

·
Registered
35,922 Posts
where the hell did you find control arms for $38 for a pair?!?!
Amazon.... you never know.......... I was just "window shopping" one day and I couldn't hit the "Order using 1-click" button fast enough. I regret having not pulled the trigger on a Magnaflow complete stainless exhaust system which regularly sells around $600 from most vendors, and Amazon as well... which popped up one day for $399....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts