Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched high and low.
I can adapt something from Napa but rather not
cant believe that in 2020 no one is one is making this part?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I'm sure they are available out there. The biggest problem is to identify the item. Different companies use different names for the same part. Did you try Motorcraft 2100 parts?

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup thats the part
except mines turns on and off with the key
AC comp has a separate wire

·
Registered
778 Posts
Dashpot and solenoids are two different things. The dashpot just slows down the last little bit of the throttle closing speed. It does not have an affect on the idle RPM as a solenoid does which is activated under various conditions. For our older cars, they were pretty much used for when the AC is on. But, in the late sixties and 70s, they were also used as part of the emissions systems as well.

·
Registered
37,715 Posts
searched high and low.
I can adapt something from Napa but rather not
cant believe that in 2020 no one is one is making this part?
Are you missing the whole thing, bracket and solenoid?

It's called an "Idle Stop Solenoid". The original was most likely a D2AZ-9D856-B.... you can try a search on that to see what you come up with. If you have the bracket or can scare one up, STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS makes a replacement solenoid.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just need the solenoid. not returning to idle all the time. i been cleaning the shaft for 20 years and even re soldered the wire once. its past its day

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
There are five or six listed in the MPC. Need to know the carburetor part # on the tag, or stamped into the side of the driver's front mounting lug (under the solenoid) to give an exact part #.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts