Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had my 4v manifold blasted, my restoration shop and a couple other people outside the forum told me not to bother having the oil baffle put back on. Now I'm being told that wasn't the best advice. Does anyone know where I can find one? Mine didn't come back from the restoration shop, and so far I'm coming up empty on Google.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That place is actually only a half-hour or so from me. I didn't know it existed.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Are you converting from a 2v to a 4v? If so I think you can swap the baffle from the bottom of your stock 2bbl? It's been years since I looked at a 2bbl intake so I'm not 100 percent sure but I thought the 2v and 4v baffles were the same?

·
Registered
793 Posts
AMK products also makes the correct rivets to put the baffle back on..... if the old ones were not drilled out and the holes are still ok. I've got a few of them laying around if you need some.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
It is really not that big of a deal IMO. Especially if you put an insulating spacer under the carb.

If you really want it then make sure that those rivets are tight. If one falls out it could be a disaster.

If you had the intake blasted then you need to take it to a car wash and run high pressure water through it thoroughly. Then fill it full of paint thinner or lacquer thinner and swish it around. A couple of grains of blasting material can ruin your whole day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts