Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its the little cloth type sleeve that fits over the rod connecting the door handle and door latch assy. It prevents the latch rod from rattling and scratching on the door window when it is rolled down. I can't seem to find it in NPD or other mail order catalogs. Is there a generic piece one can buy at the local parts store? I'm not concourse picky, so any material that would work adequately would be fine with me. My old sleeves are grungy and frayed and need replaced. Thanks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I used shrink tube for wiring on mine...cloth sleeve was to worn to do it's job. Shrink tube works good..

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a good idea. I even considered rubber tubing or swamp cooler water line. I had to run some errands so I stopped at NAPA and got some cloth wire loom. It is semi-stiff and has a black "resin" coating to provide the stiffness. 1/4" was 20 cents/foot and 3/8" or 1/2" was 40 cents/foot. The wire loom material and weave is somewhat similar to the orginal stuff with the exception of the black resin coating. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd like to hear them. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
There's that cloth tubing that's sold with the choke stove tubing kit (used in the engine compartment. I don't know if it's sold separately, would be too big for your application, etc. It's also possible that some VMFers who've switched from choke stove setups might have theirs laying around. (I think I tossed mine.) Hope this helps! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I get it from my local Harley-Davidson parts shop. Its used on bikes to cover wires, etc. Its also just like the stuff you see on the wiring in the trunk area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts