Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on the Vintage Mustang Forum. I am hoping to learn much from the members here. I have been interested in vintage Mustangs for quite some time now and I find myself google searching Mustang convertibles from 1965 -1966. As with most automobiles it's difficult for me to find period correct examples. Many Mustangs are in far from original condition so I started searching for "Concours" winning Mustangs or "Rotisserie" restored Mustangs. Still I have only found a few award winning Mustangs from the Mustang Club of America. Where would you suggest I find authentic concours winning Mustang convertibles like the one pictured here? I appreciate your help.
Thank you.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Going to a Mustang Club of America national show is probably the best way to see some. Plus, most owners will be very helpful and delited to chat about their car, where to get parts, etc.
By the way, assuming the "nyc" part of your handle means New York City, there is a national show this year in Niagra Falls NY.

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
Are you looking to buy or to see what an unmodified car looks like?

If looking to buy be careful of dealers. Be careful of private sellers too.

Join the MCA (Mustang Club of America)

There is a huge difference between a really nice original looking car and one that has been proven to be a top show car. The small details are endless.

Top end cars take a lot of money and attention to get to the gold award level. You need to know a cars provenance and a few MCA gold or silver awards go a long way to give you assurance.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
19,469 Posts
Build your own!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts