Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have this one when I purchased '71 Mach 1 429CJ. I have Edelbrock 750 cfm Q-Jet #1901 but I found out that it is incorrect one because it is for GM. What would you recommend for me to find the correct carb? I have C6 tranny, 3.25 rear, and A/C. I hope I can find one. Thanks.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Any of the above listed would be good. I had the same dilemna on my Torino, it is the other car Ford pt a Rochester on. Be prepared to shell out some bucks though they are not cheap. I saw one on ehay in horrible condition go for nearly $125. I ended up with an Edelbrock #1910, which is actually an 850, but I have a very stout motor. I bought the carb for $200 on ehay, in almost new condition. It works great. Look at an Edel. 1904. The biggest problem I ran into was the choke. I used an electric choke to solve the problem.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the information. I realized that the original carb is too expensive for me and my Mustang machine shop recommended me to have Holley 650 cfm spread bore, Model 4175, #0-8055C. I wonder if that would be much difference between 650 and 750 on performance? He said it is better gas mileage and I don't plan to race (well maybe). What do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts