Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wanting to get the chrome on my 69 dash rechromed. is there anywhere in the denton/dallas/ft worth area that does this? i would like to find someone local, if there arent any, where else can i find someone?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Glenn Garrison at "MR G'S". I have been to his place but this was about 30 years ago, I do not remember exactly where it was. Perhaps the yellow pages will help. I think he still posts in Hemmings also

·
Registered
900 Posts
Mr G's is located in Fort Worth off Hwy 121. He does this kind of work but he is not cheap. Very good quality though from what I have seen.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
my dad told me of mr g's. how is there quality and price?
I'm going to go against the grain here. I've heard a lot of complaints about Mr G's. I do know they won't do your original parts, they are sold on an exchange basis. I would highly recommend Ray Azcue @ Quality Mustangs

http://www.qualitymustangs.com/id42.html

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've had some work done by Mr.G's within the last year. I was not at all impressed with their work. Had to send one piece back. Actually should have sent both pieces back. The "replaced" part (they don't guarantee that you'll get your original part back), wasn't much better. For the money they charge, I was expecting much better results. What I sent them wasn't "junk," so they had something decent to work with. I won't use them or recommend them again. :naive:

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can also check with Ray's brother, Tony Azcue if Ray is busy...they both have businesses doing similar things and off load to each other when busy. Tony can be found at:

www.tonysautoclassics.com

I have worked with both...I highly recommend either one.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I always use CVVACUUMPLATERS.COM for cars at my shop. They are a top notch facility. Check out their website, it is a first class place. I too am in Texas, but I wouldn't send Mr. G's anything. Do a search for Mr. G's and look at the amount of websites that have been set up complain about his work. This doesn't happen over just one job.

Doug

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Ray Azcue will do quality rechroming. IMO the blackout treatment is the hard part. Not easy to do cleanly. The supplier for Ford had templates for this.

If the blackout margins are a little fuzzy or have masking tape lines in them, just remind yourself that the factory didn't do much better.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I was the person who refinished his own. If you have any questions, shoot me an email or PM me and I'll get back with you. Thanks, Jerry T. aka capscrew.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts