Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there...Should be a quick and easy question. I have a brake master cylinder from my '68 coupe and need the master cylinder rebuilt. I was going to do it myself and have a kit for it, but the brass inserts are the wrong size for the brake lines and every kit I have seen pictures of online has the incorrect sized brass inserts. The brass inserts are too big in my rebuild kit as shown in the picture below. I am thinking about just sending it out and have it glass beaded and done completely 100% correct. Where might be a couple of good choices to send it??

THANK you guys and gals!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,463 Posts
Brake & Eqpt in Minneapolis.
I'd go ahead and get it sleeved with a stainless sleeve so you never have to worry about pitting.

·
Registered
810 Posts
What about buying a reman for $25-30 from Rock auto,advance,etc. I have a few from advance in cars,they have held up fine.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
or just get a new one for $55

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OH FORGOT TO MENTION...this Mustang has 70,000 original miles and been in my family since new. It is 100% original and I would really like to keep it that way so I might try to avoid a re-manufactured...company ideas are GREAT!! :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I sent an original disk brake proportioning valve here to get rebuilt: White Post Restorations Came back in good time, looking great, and appears to work like new.

Applaud the "keep it as original as possible" sentiment. You only get one crack at that.

MrFreeze

1 - 10 of 10 Posts