Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posted a thread the other day about whether to add relays for the headlights on my 67 coupe, which I decided to build my own kit and do myself. So I had planned to put the front end back together after paint- grill, bumper, front valance, etc but decided to stop to change the wiring for the headlight relay system since the wiring runs across the front and easily accessible now. With shop manual and a headlight temporarily plugged in, just checking first that everything works ( bulb, headlight switch, floor dimmer, hi and lo beams) as original before I add the relays and wanted to find which wire in the 3 wire headlight plug was ground, lo beam, hi beam. Then thought I would temporarily plug in front parking lights and check that also. Pulled light switch out to first position and one light is much brighter than the other, traced the brighter one out to wiring plug on brand new out of the box Scott drake front parking light assembly crossed between running light wire and turn signal wire since these bulbs have two elements. Anyway, cut, re-wired,soldered, and heat shrinked, done deal, checked and all ok. Try 4 way flashers, all good, front and back. Try turn signals, nothing front or back, neither side. My new not original hood turn signals work like a champ, both sides. Dash turn signal lights work, both sides, I can hear the blinker working although fast, probably because the only lights blinking are the hood turn signal. Saw something on the schematic about the turn signals said RPO only, don’t know what that means unless that’s the connection for the hood turn signals maybe.Anyway, everything is new, front, rear, turn signal switch, bulbs. I thought the rear turned signals worked a couple weeks ago after I installed the hood turn signals testing them. Just don’t know where to look first? Also the front parking lights go out when the headlights come on, they suppose to do this or stay on? Thanks for any replies if you can help

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
First ---- RPO --- Regular production option.
Yes the markers should go out when headlights on.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tied the hood signal lights into the plug right at the firewall near the master cylinder. If these lights are working, does that same wire continue to the front for the turn signals?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts