Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend we're moving my daughter's '65 coupe into the garage to start our rolling restoration project. The major projects just to get it going are:

1. New engine (302)
2. Front discs (still has ori. 6 cyl 4 lugs drums on front)
3. Front end beef up ( " " )
3. Electrical - Trying to figure where all the loose wires go etc.

Here's my first delima. Since I will be yanking the old engine out along the the C4 attached, I will want to clean up the engine compartment. While the engine remains out I want to upgrade the front brakes to discs and beef up the springs, etc to support the new 302. In other words tighten it up for better driveability.

Doing this causes me to commit in finding new wheels since I will no longer be able to use the old 4 luggers. Keep in mind this is going to be my daughter's daily driver. I don't want real big tires, etc but do invision some nice mags with decent rubber. Once I have installed the new front end, how will I know what range of tire sizes can I shop for? I'll need to put wheels on so I can roll it out of the garage in order to put the new engine in.

Is there a safe path to take (tire size) that no matter what I do (which will remain conservative but beefed up for stability), I will not get suddenly stuck with tires/wheels that I cannot use?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
68coupe,
Just what the doctor ordered. Love the various pics of engine pulling, etc. I'll let my daughter study this site for awhile just to see how she'll be spending her upcoming weekends....

Thanks
Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts