Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dean, you missed Roundup? What's up with that?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Uh, I was there, but while you guys were getting your picture taken I was helping an old customer of mine put in a rear tranny seal :(

BossBill and I had a nice talk while he took an old 65 drivers door off my hands (still can't believe that he loaded that door in the back seat of his beautiful Boss 302 ::). The rest of the time I was down in the "for sale" lot talking to another old customer who was trying to sell his 69 vert, and checking out that very nice '66 Impala vert that SWMBO is interested in (she learned how to drive in one of those.)

Glad everyone had a good time, too bad Round Up only happens once a year!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I saw that 69 vert for sale and I loved it. It still had some issues, but it looked overall like a good car. I don't know about $16k though...

SWMBO says we need to buy a house first, then a convertible. :(

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
That car is sweet and I firmly believe that Kimball's asking price is more than fair. The only work that my "old" shop did was to replace intake manifold gaskets, fix the tilt-away, and put the cooling fan on correctly (somebody had put it on backwards ::). He said that since I quit working on Mustangs he has been going to Bel-Kirk, for what I do not know, but he wasn't overly satisfied with their work.

If you are looking for a nice driving 69 vert that is a really good deal.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I loved the car. I'm not too 'up' on pricing of the verts since I'm not exactly in the market yet. I thought that only the earlier ones got that high of a price. I guess I'll find out more when I really start shopping. It might be a little longer before I get one and I'm sure that the prices will be even higher then :(

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Oops, I wasn't "defending" Kimball's car, and I really hope you didn't take it that way :: All I ment to say is that Ive been "all over" that car, and at 15,900, its a nice deal (if you were looking.) When you do start looking (after that house, mister :eek:) let me know....I come across a few verts every now and then!

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Dean,

Well, I tried to fit it, but without foldowns it was a no go. I did have a heavy pad.

Took Boss home.
Brought back 96 GT and loaded it in there.
It's only gas...

Thanks for the crusty door though Dean. Appreciate it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts