Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the cruise last night I saw a '69 coupe and it didn't have side scoops at the top of the rear quarter like I'd seen on (non-Boss) SportsRoof cars. Which '69s came with side scoops?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The sports roofs had the scoops, 'verts and coupes had a chrome fake scoop kind of thing lower down behind the door. As noted, the Boss 302's in '69 did not have the scoops.

Carl

·
Banned
374 Posts
All 69 Sportsroof models, including Boss 429 had the fake scoops, EXCEPT the Boss 302. The Shelby had an "outie" scoop there instead of the sportsroof "innie."

The coupe and converts had a very odd looking appendage added on below where the sportsroof scoop was located. In my opinion it was and is one of the ugliest scoops of all-time for any vehicle.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Funny thing...

Back when I used to show the 69' Boss I had a guy come up to me and tell me he "knew" my car was fake becasue it DIDN'T have side scoops. He was actually pissed about it!

Go figure...

(I don't do car shows anymore)

:)

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I have a 69 vert, and when I restored my "fake scoops", the PO had the car painted, so they were all red with chrome trim. I painted the backing plate matte black like they were supposed to be and put it back together.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1969 Convertible, 302 2bbl C4 Auto, A/C
49 Posts
I like them on my vert. Re: car shows - Had a guy argue with me that I had installed them backwards. He insisted that I was wrong. I told him that the designers were on some good stuff in ‘69.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts