Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building a 1965 coupe and the heater box is bad so I want to put new a/c- heat system in and found 3 that look good Vintage air, Old air, and Classic air. Was wondering which ones you installed and liked or disliked. Leaning towards Vintage because it is less expensive. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I went with Classic on a 66 Vert without AC. Complete kit with thorough instructions. Went together easy and blew frigid cold from the moment I charged it. I was very satisfied with the kit.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
I'll be installing my 3rd Vintage air system in my F100 when it comes back. The 1st was in a '40 Ford, the 2nd in a '66 Mustang fb. The systems all fit really well in my applications, are flexible if you want to make changes, and simple to wire. The one I'm using in my f100 is their compact system- small enough that I'm able to modify and tuck it clear up behind the dash. the other system all hung down below it. My 2 cents anyway...

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
With the dash hanger units I just assume that none of those 3 are building their own evaporators or condensers or even brackets and mounts, just sourcing them into a kit so I can't imagine there being a dimes worth of difference really. Cheaper might not have the perfect look so look closely. Maybe better hoses or fittings and warranty but 50+ year old tech with an updated compressor i would shop those parts on price but check the details...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts