Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I purchased a fron disc brake assy form someone from this site but the rotors do not fit my rims, it looks like the rotors are for a 75-80 granada, & the center hub is too big for my rotors to go over, anyone know which rotors I should get so I have the right bearings, seals for these spindles,
thanks
paul

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not sure what you are putting these on, but here is my understanding of the big rotor snout problem:

Granada rotors have a larger diameter snout, and 60s Mustang wheels will not fit over the snout. This includes the '69 Style Steel wheels (what I had when I ran into this problem). Not sure about 65-67 SS wheels or original Magnum 500s.

There are 2 solutions: first, and simplest but potentially expensive, is to use different wheels. If you are running standard wheels with hubcaps, simply get a junkyard set of later 5 lug wheels that match the size you previously had. In my case, I temporarily used the 14" wheels off the Lincoln Versailles donor car. Basically, get some granada wheels. What I eventually doing when cashflow allowed was get a set of 15" Magnum 500s, which fit no problem.

The other solution (attractive if you have a set of nice wheels already) is to get the rotor snouts turned down at a machine shop.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
This is a common problem. Take your rotors to a machine shop along with a rim. Have the snout of the rotor turned down to fit the rim. I bet you could have both done for $30 or so.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys
excelent solution, turning the snout

1 - 4 of 4 Posts