Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
would a edelbrock performer series 650 cfm carb work well on a 351c w/ a hollet dominator intake man. would man. or elec. choke be better?

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
If its stock otherwise then that carb will be fine. Anything 650-750 with vacuum secondaries would work.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
If its stock otherwise then that carb will be fine. Anything 650-750 with vacuum secondaries would work.

Ditto. Electric choke is easy to wire up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am running a 700 CFM Holley 4150 Double pumper and with CC4V heads and a aggressive cam, it is not enough carb to keep up. If you are going to keep it stock 650 is about right, if you are going to do more 750 would probably be better, but vacuum secondaries will help if you go a little too big. Weight of car, transmission and gearing all factor into what you will find best.

Manual chokes are okay if you don't mind running a cable into the passenger compartment. Electrics are easy 1 wire hook ups.

·
Registered
112 Posts
750 Holley AED Racing carb with no choke and no choke body at all. There's like 20 adjustments in each metering block. Very very tuneable.

It's a pain to start but when she's running....she's running!

·
Registered
81 Posts
750 Holley AED Racing carb with no choke and no choke body at all. There's like 20 adjustments in each metering block. Very very tuneable.

It's a pain to start but when she's running....she's running!

Ditto on this! Those guys are awesome at AED and when I called I even got the owner. Told him my mild 351c set up, and he told me to go with their 750 holley dp. Put it on adjusted idle and mix, and it had never run better. Has no choke or choke horn, but even in 25 degree weather just hold your foot on the pedal to rev it and after 30 seconds, idles like a champ!

BTW when I purchased my car it had a 650 edelbrock and ran horrible...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts