Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finishing up the restoration on my '65 Mustang. The car will be powered by a 347ci stroker. I purchased a Summit Racing / Northern direct fit aluminum radiator for the car. Which fan do you guys recommend using with this radiator?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine is all decked out and has a March serpentine pulley system installed that is very similar to the attached image. I don't want to attach the fan to the motor. I assume that my only option then is an electric fan, correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Well, that leaves a choice of an electric pusher or puller.....A chome fan would look nice though, but if your looking for an electric, an OEM unit for a 1997 cougar/t-bird, Mark VIII/LSC or Crown Vic police Interceptor work the best and are very cost efficient! (just had to replace the one on my wifes car, the whole assembly including schroud was $125.

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Already install the radiator?
A friend of mine (shop owner) just installed the Summit unit in a
'68. It was a real "bundle of joy" because of the thin mounting
flanges on the radiator and the close proximity of the holes to
the radiator.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just searching around on Summit Racings site and found that they sell electric fans with an aluminum shroud. Does anyone know if they sell this kit for their Summit Racing (aka Northern) direct bolt Radiator for a '65 Mustang (P/N SUM-380462)? I searched through there site a bit but couldn't find the answer to my question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts