Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a '69 coupe does the boomerang trim go on before the drip rail molding or vice versa? Thanks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Boomerang goes first. then the outer drip rail. The last edge of the drip rail is supposed to fit over the Screw Tab at top of Boomerang. IMHO

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I'm following you. Let me try to clarify. I'm not referring to the actual drip rail itself, just the molding that goes on the outside. What I'm calling the boomerang is the chrome exterior piece that goes on the bottom corner of the quarter window.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yep. The Boomerang goes on First at Bottom and it has a Screw that goes in the Outer Top which snugs against the Very Outer Drip Rail Channel Edge. the Very Outer Stainless Rails go on after and the Rear bottom Edges are supposed to cover the Screw at top of Boomerang. Here is a quick picture, the Outer Drip Rail Mounts after this and over that top tab. Not a Mustang shown.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm, I'm still confused!!! For a coupe the outer chrome piece is small and only has a screw that goes on the inside of the window frame. I just can't tell from any pictures if this pieces over laps the driprail molding or if the driprail molding goes on top of the corner chrome piece.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Here is a picture of the Fastback Piece. Although it is different shape than a coupe, it is still the same principle. The drip rail is supposed to cover that upper tab and hide the Screw once installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
trim

im restoring a 69 coupe and my "booma rang" trim piece does not have any holes for screws nor is there any holes on the actual car from past trim...i have no idea how to install if any suggestions they would be much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts