Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a racing series or association to start haunting. Family friendly, guys more interested in the cars than the last .01 second per lap faster. Lots of cars from different decades, makers, continents. A class for your street car, whatever it might be, would be a bonus. Any suggestions on where/what to start looking into?

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
CVAR (vintage racing) and they're in Texas! Be careful though, they'll try to convince you it's not about speed.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I like NASA. They seem to have a class of racing for just about everything, good and frequent HPDE. A couple of their classes of racing are AI (American Iron) AIX for the more modified cars and they used to have AIV for vintage cars, it has beed suspended due to not enough participation, but there is an effort to get it back. I am in South Carolina and have had good experiences with NASA Mid Atlantic and NASA SE. Friendly good folks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CVAR (vintage racing) and they're in Texas! Be careful though, they'll try to convince you it's not about speed.
Found their site... very nice. Live near 2 tracks, have relative near a third, friends near a fourth. That may be doable. Thanks. Feel free to ramble on if you know anything else about them.

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
Couple of guys that pop in here once in awhile are Comic (Tony) and roadracer (Charlie). They could help you out and guide you in the right direction.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Working through the rules as best I can. Looks like options with a 68 mustang would be a GT500KR, GT350, or 302 based trans am replica. I'm guessing the 302 to be a lot cheaper, and the 428 to be more power than I can handle anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts