Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 65 convertible is a December 1964 build. Would it have the "push button" or "knob" style rear view mirror.
Pony interior if that makes a difference....

·
Registered
35,869 Posts
Does it have the "visibility group"? If not, it'd be a non-day/night mirror. AFAIK, December should have the twisty-turny knob.

·
Premium Member
4,335 Posts
I prefer the Day/Nite mirror in whatever variety because it is wider and offers more visibility, and the benefit of knocking down the retina-burning glare of that freaking Jeep with projector bulbs behind me.

·
Registered
565 Posts
While not a "65 expert", as Woodchuck noted, unless your car had the Visibility Group, it would not have come from the Factory with a Day/ Night mirror. However, one could have been Dealer Installed.
From what I have seen on 64's and early 65's, what I call the "Rocker Type" (picture attached) is what would have been furnished with the Visibility Group. Possibly this is what you call the "push button" ? I base this use particularly on an unrestored , January 1965 Mustang on another Forum.

Bob
Rear View Mirror (3).jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys , after some more searching it appears that the rocker type mirror would have come with the visibility group up until March builds when they switched to the Knob type mirror

1 - 5 of 5 Posts