Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already posted this in the vintage section, but thought it might be more appropriate here. I want to lower my seat platform as much as possible. I know NPD now offers a Cougar riser that is 1" lower than the stock 66. Others have mentioned using a 69 Fastback riser, but after much searching, I can't find any info on how much lower they are than stock 66.

Does anyone know which is lower?

I know I can just cut up my stock risers to get as low as I want, I'm just trying to determine if the Cougar/69 options might be a simpler solution to get what I'm after.

I don't need extra leg room (I'm 5'9"), I just want a lower seating position.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I put in the 67 Cougar seat risers, moved it back about 1 ", welded them in, and also use the 2" seat extenders. I also had built the 2" extension on the back of each one, and moved the front mounting hole back 2" also. Under each new hole is a welded nut so now all I need to do is bolt the seats in from the top. I'm 6'1" and I have no issues with legroom now or headroom.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cougar ones are shorter and basically fit. Do not move them backwards though. The front of the seat support is a structural member that supports the rear of the front floor support that holds the front frame rails.
Thanks! How much shorter are the Cougar ones than the 69 Fastback ones? I know the Cougar ones are pretty much exactly 1 inch shorter than the stock risers. I have heard that the 69 risers are anywhere from 1/2 inch shorter to almost 2 inches shorter than stock 66 risers.

Can't seem to get a clear answer. Just trying to find out which to order!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts