Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am running a 351w from, what i was told was a 77 e150 ,

engine was rebuild with new cam edelbrock intake and edelbrock carb,and a cam(it was a summit racing kit i was told) i recently noticed a miss that was very inconsistant so i decided to upgrade the ignition system with a ready to run distributor from msd, msd coil and msd wires, when i went to the local autoparts store they pulled a set of autolite #25 plugs (5/8 spark plug small threads)stating that is what fit in the van, got home pulled the first plug and it is a #45 (13/16 big thread plug)

i want to go with a better plug but i dont know where to even start

i know since going to autolite.com and a few other sites it is confusing

i heat ranges sizef different manufactures ect,
i know the stock 45 plug in a e150 was no way designed for the cam, intake, headers and ignition system and i want to get the most out of my set up

ant help would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Not really sure what you have for heads but if you have the big threads that is what you will need to go to. Since the 69 351W had the big threads that is what I would buy the plugs for. Do you know what the engine has for compression ratio? If it is 9 1/2 to 1 or lower try ordering them for a 351W with a 2 barrel. If high compression ratio than that order them for a 351W 4 barrel.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
went with an ap45

you are right same head for 77 and 69,

for now stock heads in the future i will go with some performance but thats a few years and a 408 stroker kit down the road

1 - 3 of 3 Posts