Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another tire question, sorry guys. My 67 GTA is almost finished and I am now looking for a set of tires. Car has the original 14" Styled Steel wheels and came with the no longer available pin whitewall that was closer to the tread than the wheel. Since the Coker reproductions are not exact I intend to go with BFG Radial TA's (less than half the price and I like the look).

Question is, what size do I want/need? Coker recommends 215/70R14's but I have found many threads here where 225/70R14's are the size recommended. I don't plan any suspension changes other than restoring ride height on the rear and I want to fill my wheelwells without creating rubbing issues. I know there's not a lot of difference in size between the two but will a 225 even fit correctly on the original SSW? Will the bulge look bad?

Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any idea when you might be getting some more of these in? Any chance of them being in stock during the Goodrich Rebate thing?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
^
Unfortunately not. There is no ETA per BFG on their Radial T/A in the 215/70-14 size. We do however, have the Radial T/A in stock in size 225/70-14.

Another great option in the 215/70-14 size is the Cooper Cobra GT.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

1 - 4 of 4 Posts