Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the engine info: 289 stroked to 347 .040 over, edelbrock performer rpm cam, performer rpm intake, and performer rpm heads(1.90" intake), and 10:1 compression. I decided to go with a tremec(thanks to VMF!) but don't know which one I need. I don't know what kind of torque I will be pushing so the chart that I found didn't help me. Thanks as always

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
If going with a 5 speed go for the TKO. It will handle what ever you throw at it. I have the T56 6 speed in my 69 and love it.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is a fair price for a new TKO?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited sells them for $1250. Don't know if you can find one used.

·
Registered
228 Posts
FYI, if you haven't already been informed the Tremec 3550 and TKO are not exactly an afternoon swap in a '65-'66. I've done quite a bit of research and to a certain degree this can be a fairly involved conversion. Personally, I think that some have made it more difficult than needed and others have either been too simplistic in their descriptions or just haven't had any problems YET. I would suggest checking out the wealth of info on this forum before laying down any cash on a Tremec. Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
If you're going to be installing a Tremec, might as well spend the extra $$$ and get the TKO. The extra torque rating will be nice to have with a 347 ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts