Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a clip for my rocker panel molding on a '69 coupe from NPD. I'm not sure which way it should go. I'm guessing the narrow end points towards the front? Also, I'm assuming the flat side of the clip goes against the body?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Flat side against body. The direction will be determined by the "shoulders" on the edge of clip. If one side is a little deeper or thicker that would go upwards so that when the trim is snapped onto the clip it will go from top to bottom. The molding will rest hooked onto the upper edge and when tapped with the palm of your hand it will easily snap over the botttom of the clip. You can test fit the clip on the trim before installing it on the car to see how it works but be careful taking it off so not to bend the trim...or test on an old piece. Also check trim fit lengthwise before commiting to snapping it down and mark your end with tape so it can be referenced when installing; otherwise if is not where you want and slide it into alignment the paint will scratch when moved. JB

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The shoulder is the same all around. The little wings seem to be what holds the molding on but they are on the flat side. Maybe the rivet holds the clip away from the body enough to snap it on? Am I correct that I put the rivet in first and this clip snaps on it?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd want to put these on today. Any other words of wisdom and answers? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts