• Neither

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first set of pictures is a satin black Minilite and a photoshop of them on my car. These will cost at least $1800 to get.

The second set of pictures is Vintage Wheel Works Vintage 48's and with them on a similar car. I will have to get the spokes powder coated, so total cost will be around $1400-1500 by the time I'm done.

I should add that I want to stay away from the traditional 5 spoke designs, the 10 spoke Shelby and the Magnums. I know they all look good but I want the car to be a little different but still have a classic look. If you're going to vote neither, do you have a suggestion? As long as its not contrary to what I'm trying to avoid.

What do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Man, choices like that make my head hurt. I cant fault either of them. The first is cool, the second looks more period race...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those LT III's are a nice combination of the mini's and the vintage's. They don't list a 16x8 but it does say other sizes can be made. I wonder if they can do a satin black with the chrome ring. I'll certainly email them. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
9,104 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is their origin. They were also popular race wheels back in the day. In fact, to order from them you go through a U.S. distributor who imports them from England. I was given an estimate of 10-12 weeks. I saw a set on a camaro at a car show and they looked good.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I much prefer the Vintage Wheels. The minilites look alright, but I'm not big on them for the same reason that was already mentioned, too busy.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like the Vintage wheel is winning. I think I might be leaning that way as well. I do like that the minilites come painted from the factory though.

Based on some recommendation from other users I want to post up two more wheels for consideration.

The first one is made be Konig and the second is made by Team III.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I love the Minilites and think the painted ones look awesome on your car. If it was good enough for the T/A Boss 302s...

·
Registered
1965 Wimbledon White 2+2, C-code, Auto
252 Posts
Another vote for the Minilites.

I like that they're factory painted, and I'm a sucker for the name brand (read: genuine article)

I'd also take the weight of the wheel into consideration, if you have that information.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Speaking of the T/A Boss 302, does anyone know what wheel and tire size was typically used. I'm sure it varied some, just curious.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts