Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I wondered if would happen last night, along with the rest of the gang. We had temperatures in the mid 90's with very high humidity. We also had a heavy rain storm in the afternoon, it stopped for a while but the clouds were threatening. It started to rain again after some of us arrived but the VMF Gods were with us and it held off. That's why you'll see wet cars.

We all had a great time. It went so very quickly though. I want to thank everyone for comming. i967 gets the long distance award, 2 1/2 hour drive! Thanks John and Karen!

here's the link, enjoy!
http://members5.clubphoto.com/tom359267/876336/owner-78ef.phtml

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Now that I've torn into the car again I'm angry at myself for not making it there. I really wanted to go.

I mixed up two water pump bolts and one of them was sticking into the timing chain cover. This obstructed the fuel pump arm which caused it snap when the eccentric pushed the arm down.

I guess I get a super doofus for the bonehead move which caused me to miss a VMF get together.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
You got these up pretty quick Tom.
I'm just getting up myself.
Sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you last night.
Tyler was getting pretty cranky after walking around so we headed home to put him to bed.
I'm sure Bob had told you that Marlene and I had left though.
I had a great time meeting everyone though.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Tom,

Sounds like you all had fun. Funny to see the pic in your signature from last summer with me in it!
I've met some of the local North Atlanta VMFer's down here, Jboggs normally organized the gatherings...lots of fun.

Tom Mendham knows my story of how I was almost gonna be in NJ this wkend to finalize a deal on a '68 Ram Air CJ!! I'm glad I didn't get the car...too much work, am enjoying my new '67 GT Fastback now!

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts