Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first , thanks for the input on the white gauge backing----I think the neatest would be the 100 dollar glow kit, but I have spent over a thousand in the last week or so on our 73 so I went the cheaper route first,I ordered a set off of e-bay---18.96 shipped----I was wondering is there a trick to removing the needles on the gauges, I am apprehensive about putting the stickum stuff on a set of perfect gauges but i guess there are others available if it looks like crap---it is terrible to drive at night with the current dash lights---like I have said before I don't plan on selling it soon and it is mine so I can make any changes I am happy with. I won't be putting this on till warmer weather but I will post a follow-up if it helps or not----about removing needles?? :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the speedo needle actually unscrews, cant remember exactly but i think it unscrews clockwise.the other needles do not come off just work the overlays gently over them. i have a picture of my white face gauges from my 72 stang if you would like to see them i can e-mail them to you.

·
Registered
768 Posts
IMO if you want the glow gauges do it know. I have installed several set and they are awesome. They are so bright at night you have to turn them down and the gauges show up really well. Glow Gauges
Just my 0.02

·
Registered
135 Posts
I agree with mustangfactory. No point in spending $20 when it's not a whole lot more to buy the ones that you want. I bought a set last year and have been very happy with them. I could take a picture of them in my '73 if you haven't seen them in a 71-73 yet...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mustangfactory -- where did you buy your gauges from? They look great!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I bought the luminescent set and am SUPER pleased with them, and yeah, they are very bright. Even though they are not stock, it does have a retro look/feel to it. I can sympathize with the budget thing, though.

·
Registered
768 Posts
They are made by Scott Drake. Any dealer that carries Drake parts can get them or we can get them for you they retail for:
65-66 $99.95
67-73 $109.95 67-68 tach style just released
66-77 bronco $99.95
Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts