Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions please... just got new styled steel wheels for my '65 and was going to have blackwalls but they mounted them wrong. They will remount if I want to, but the whitewalls are growing on me. My car is a pretty stock daily driver. I can't decide. Help me!
Thx, diArdi :: http://gallery.mystang.net/data/media/15/July2203newwheels_001croppeda.jpg
http://gallery.mystang.net/data/media/15/July2203newwheels_001blackwallsb.jpg
(ain't digital photography great?!)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'd have to go with whitewalls on that - beautiful car! I love that color!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Im kinda partial to blackwalls on Styled Steelies...don't know why??

·
Registered
640 Posts
The whitewalls make it look "car show" like and the blackwalls make it look "street" like. Personally I'd go black.

Scott

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Thing about reversed whites is they are installed wrong and that bugs me. Your car looks good with whites or black.

·
Registered
550 Posts
OK... I vote whitewalls out! I just like SOMETHING on the tire to show it off a little - redlines, whitewalls or raised white letters. ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
PO had BF Goodrich Radial T/A's on when I bought it.. looked a bit too sporty for a 6 IMO. When I changed them they asked if I wanted white walls, and I said what the hey. I'm SO glad. Gives the wheel a bit of trim, and a more period look.

I vote white walls :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
I vote blackwalls too!!!! Can't imagine why??? :: :: ::

I've got the BF Goodrich Radial T/A's - the standard for Muscle Cars these days - and I even turned the white lettering around to show the black lettering. It's a more athletic look, and it's FAR easier to maintain!!

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Ya gotta go whitewall!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
White-walls for sure.

·
Registered
139 Posts
White walls look good on your car. Keep em out.

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Whitewalls, definitely, they make that color look even better.

·
Registered
361 Posts
As another person with a silver blue car, I vote for a third option - dual red lines! I was in the same dilemma as you. The white walls look good, especially on a GT with white stripes, but they're kind of pedestrian looking. Blackwalls really show the wheels, but they're just not the right look in my opinion. Though on first blush they might not appear to be a good color match, the red lines do a great job of adding pizazz to the car and yet retain a stock look. I really like the way the red lines contrast with the silver blue paint. Just my $.02. Kevin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts