Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am Eric from the Netherlands, and new to this forum. I sold my 67 fastback a few months ago, but now i am starting to miss it.. I got a carburetor left, and I wonder if anyone could tell me what type it is. It was on my 289 4V when I got my Mustang, but I replaced it with Edelbrock 1406(?) Here are pictures of the old carburetor:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/pony_289/

I posted this question on the wrong forum (Mustangs for sale) initially..sorry for that.

Thanks for any info.

Eric.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Looks like a 4300 which IIRC didn't get fitted to production Mustangs until the '68 model year.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Actually the 4300's debut was in 1967, the Mustang "A" codes recieved this carb, the "K" codes remained with the 4100. The base is marked with the application, look on drivers side of carb, on base pad side, just ahead of gas arm linkage hookup, you will probably see something like C7DF, the 67 4300's had a unique idle setting screw on backside of carb, in 68 and later it is found in the more conventional spot on side of carb.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys..Meanwhile I discovered the tag on the base of the carb. It reads as follows: C9AF-R
As far as I know C9 stands for 1969, but the rest doesnt mean a thing to me..any help?

Is this a very common carb, still easily available?

Thanks in advance,
Eric.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts