Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sandblasting the body on a rotisserie in a tent I built in my warehouse. Aluminum oxide EVERYWHERE. Had a full suit and respirator and a week after was still pulling it out of my ears, nose, etc.
<style></style>

·
Registered
864 Posts
Rebuilding the new motor after I wiped out the cam bearings due to a tight timing set chain. Actually the rebuild part was fine. It was re-cleaning everything that was terrible.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Cooling system. Because it snowballed into might as well get to the steering, differential, oh look I need brakes too....et al. Still not done. And all that stuff worked for the most part.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anything I have to do under the dash. Always uncomfortable, awkward, aggravating, dirty, sometimes disgusting, dangerous and when you're done there is usually nothing to show for your efforts.

X1.
I just simply don’t fit under my dash.
And my body doesn’t contortion accordingly.

A PIA.

Glad I’m done with that for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
596 Posts
Probably the most painful was pulling everything out of the interior to replace the wiring harness, add a/c, sound deadening, and completely change the color of the interior. I cut, scraped, and nicked my hands so much and with 50 odd year old dust they became infected and swollen to twice their size for weeks. But, it looks the way I want it to now, so totally worth it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Probably the most painful was pulling everything out of the interior to replace the wiring harness, add a/c, sound deadening, and completely change the color of the interior. I cut, scraped, and nicked my hands so much and with 50 odd year old dust they became infected and swollen to twice their size for weeks. But, it looks the way I want it to now, so totally worth it.

I had that exact same thing happen to me..... funny

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anything I have to do under the dash. Always uncomfortable, awkward, aggravating, dirty, sometimes disgusting, dangerous and when you're done there is usually nothing to show for your efforts.
I’ve become very quick at removing the front seats just so that I can contort my body to see under the dash better

·
Registered
188 Posts
How about replacing/rebuilding the front drum brakes... only to realize that I should have just bought the front disk kit that I've been wanting for years - and then bought it and had to do the whole bleeding again! I was not happy, both with the car or myself!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about replacing/rebuilding the front drum brakes... only to realize that I should have just bought the front disk kit that I've been wanting for years - and then bought it and had to do the whole bleeding again! I was not happy, both with the car or myself!

That’s on my shortlist...

·
Registered
664 Posts
My first resto project was a 84 Chevy 4X4 that hauled a lot of fertilizer. I bought wrenches at the flea market to cut down to fit nuts and bolts that had corroded to a different size. I used the torch for the nuts that looked like cones. My advice is to avoid any vehicle from a farm, but I do miss that truck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts