Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides CJPony and NPD, who do you buy your vintage Mustang parts from? I’m looking for a good 3rd option. I’m kind of pissed with my 1st and 2nd options at the moment.

·
Spammer Hammer
10,382 Posts
NPD. Sometimes Summit if it’s a Scott Drake part and I need something else from Summit.

FYI the owner of NPD is a very active member here and generally makes sure we are well taken care of.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Well, first things first, I do not buy from cj pony parts. I like summit, they will often price match if a legit competitor has it advertised for less. I also pay attention to vendors listed in our daily posts for things like custom parts (think zray crossmember or rebel racing seat tracks) or tools or materials or rebuildrers (thank you chock) I backed off eastwood stuff as I can usually find it not in blue, for less! I also like harbor freight...there, I said it......

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
virginia classic mustang....i can see being pissed at cj but npd??
I just received an upper control arm from NPD and it had the wrong shaft installed on it. Now, they are correcting the mistake, but it did kill a week of making progress.

I also ordered drop springs from CJPony and 3 days after my order I got an email that states they are back ordered and won’t ship until 1/31. Way too late!

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
1,037 Posts
Depending on part, but usually its NPD or Virginia classic mustangs. For performance parts, I use Summit.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
No NT in Maryland yet! Sounds like my kind of store though! No Menards around here either. I should have added john at open tracker or shaun from street or track, a lot depends on what your looking for or want to spend.. I am also not above ordering from rock auto, lol...

·
Super Moderator
10,319 Posts
It's Very unusual for NDP to not make things right.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will second NT. We have both in Huntsville, and I love NT. Seems to have better quality brands than HF.

No NT in Maryland yet! Sounds like my kind of store though! No Menards around here either. I should have added john at open tracker or shaun from street or track, a lot depends on what your looking for or want to spend.. I am also not above ordering from rock auto, lol...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I ordered a horn button From CJ Pony parts only because they were the only one that claimed to have it in stock. They shipped it the next day, big surprise. but then It did circles around Phoenix for a week And showed up On Tuesday of last week. I opnened the box and it was damaged . Not their fault but still, I received a damaged product . I spent two hours on the phone and simultaneously and online chat. I submitted an RMA which was approved but then they asked me to send it back at my own expense . I complained about why I should send a damaged item back at my expense. So , I was told they would issue me a return shipping label And not to worry about it. It's now Monday almost a week later I have not received a return shipping label. I cannot get anyone on the phone. I can't get anyone to return an email and no one ever responds to the chat . But today I received a refund for the damaged item (still sitting on my counter) but not for the cost of the shipping .

I knew better but I thought I'd try them again. I'll chock the $14 lost to a lesson learned. I'm done with them. I've spent way more than $14 in time spent.

conversely, I've got $600 worth of summit Parts sitting in my car and while Summit will take them back the shipping costs, depending on who processes the returns, sometimes I end up battling with them on return shipping charges Especially if I'm returning items from multiple orders In the same box . They're only 90 minutes away from me so I'm going to drive the parts back myself tomorrow And get my refund before I leave .

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
NAPA is my first choice for regular mechanical parts because it's close by and if they don't have it, it's in by the next day. One day I'll be far enough along to need an interior, body and suspension parts and NPD will be my first stop.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Menards is like the HF of home improvement stores. That might be a bit of an exaggeration but they don't carry any good name brand power tools. Huge inventory of building supply products and huge outdoor lumber yard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Besides CJPony and NPD, who do you buy your vintage Mustang parts from? I’m looking for a good 3rd option. I’m kind of pissed with my 1st and 2nd options at the moment.
NPD is my primary. Sometimes I use West Coast Classic Cougars, they stock Mustang stuff too.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts