Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,665 Posts
I ordered a horn button From CJ Pony parts only because they were the only one that claimed to have it in stock. They shipped it the next day, big surprise. but then It did circles around Phoenix for a week And showed up On Tuesday of last week. I opnened the box and it was damaged . Not their fault but still, I received a damaged product . I spent two hours on the phone and simultaneously and online chat. I submitted an RMA which was approved but then they asked me to send it back at my own expense . I complained about why I should send a damaged item back at my expense. So , I was told they would issue me a return shipping label And not to worry about it. It's now Monday almost a week later I have not received a return shipping label. I cannot get anyone on the phone. I can't get anyone to return an email and no one ever responds to the chat . But today I received a refund for the damaged item (still sitting on my counter) but not for the cost of the shipping .

I knew better but I thought I'd try them again. I'll chock the $14 lost to a lesson learned. I'm done with them. I've spent way more than $14 in time spent.

conversely, I've got $600 worth of summit Parts sitting in my car and while Summit will take them back the shipping costs, depending on who processes the returns, sometimes I end up battling with them on return shipping charges Especially if I'm returning items from multiple orders In the same box . They're only 90 minutes away from me so I'm going to drive the parts back myself tomorrow And get my refund before I leave .
I quit using cjp because the boxes ALWAYS looked like they got drug behind the ups truck. Once I ordered a big order. Sheet metal was involved, the picked it all in one box then I swear they pushed it down the highway rolling it down the hills.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I quit using cjp because the boxes ALWAYS looked like they got drug behind the ups truck. Once I ordered a big order. Sheet metal was involved, the picked it all in one box then I swear they pushed it down the highway rolling it down the hills.
I had given up but decided to retry thinking it's only a $20 ($42 with shipping) part I'll risk it. but it made me so angry their total utter disregard for the customer I spent way. ore time than it was worth just on principal because I didn't want them to get 1 penny more than they deserved.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I always go to John’s Mustang in Houston, then Summit or West Cost Cougar. John’s is close, quick ship and always good with phone questions. I’ve bought parts from them for 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1967 Convertible Shelby clone
59 Posts
John's in Houston but lately I have ordered from Kentucky Mustang- good prices, and fast free shipping

·
Registered
355 Posts
I always go to John’s Mustang in Houston, then Summit or West Cost Cougar. John’s is close, quick ship and always good with phone questions. I’ve bought parts from them for 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John's is good. family owned and people still answer the phone.

·
Registered
159 Posts
CJ sadly you can’t beat today’s shipping but I always make sure it’s in stock and no large orders. Npd for stuff not in stock on CJ’s. Summit for engine related stufff
Moderndrivline for trans
Local rear end shop for diff
Street or track for suspension
Open tracker for steering
Chock for steering boxes

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I have used Larry Classic Mustang & T-Bird in Corona California for the mustang specific items....quality is very ggod and the staff is very nice/knowledgable to speak with! Most everything else I purchase MC, TRW, Moog and typically through my local independent parts house or if they don't have the specific brand/quality that I want, then amazon

·
Registered
105 Posts
I haven't oredered a bunch of parts yet but I got stuff from CJ's, NPD, Summit and Open Tracker.
CJ's is my least favorite because it's impossible to get anyone on the phone. I called once and did the call me back when it's my turn option. It said someone would call me back in 448 minutes. No lie. I did get a call back about 5 hours later which is ridiculous and before someone spoke to me I got put on hold so I just hung up.

I got a gift card for Christmas from there. I'll use it but I don't really want to.

·
Registered
1969 Mach 1 351 Black Jade
62 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
American Mustang in Rancho Cordova ( Sacramento ) . Andy and Karen have owned it for 30 years.

·
Registered
37,122 Posts
I just received an upper control arm from NPD and it had the wrong shaft installed on it. Now, they are correcting the mistake, but it did kill a week of making progress.

I also ordered drop springs from CJPony and 3 days after my order I got an email that states they are back ordered and won’t ship until 1/31. Way too late!
How can you blame a vendor for something the MANUFACTURER screwed up? Would you blame Wal-Mart if you opened a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos and found Fritos inside?

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
the part that was shipped from NPD is not what is pictured on their website. A vendor did not ship it to me. NPD shipped it. And...as stated in one of my other posts, they are making it right and shipping the correct part. My complaint is that I’ve lost a week waiting on the correction.

How can you blame a vendor for something the MANUFACTURER screwed up? Would you blame Wal-Mart if you opened a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos and found Fritos inside?

·
Registered
1966 mustang coupe
225 Posts
Since i am in canada, i use summit A LOT for all my projects.

Shiiping rates are good, they ship fast and they have obviously a lot of stuff.

For more specific stuff that i cant find on summit, NPD has been great for me.

Rockauto for std replacement stuff.

Local auto parts if i am on a rush.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I ordered a horn button From CJ Pony parts only because they were the only one that claimed to have it in stock. They shipped it the next day, big surprise. but then It did circles around Phoenix for a week And showed up On Tuesday of last week. I opnened the box and it was damaged . Not their fault but still, I received a damaged product . I spent two hours on the phone and simultaneously and online chat. I submitted an RMA which was approved but then they asked me to send it back at my own expense . I complained about why I should send a damaged item back at my expense. So , I was told they would issue me a return shipping label And not to worry about it. It's now Monday almost a week later I have not received a return shipping label. I cannot get anyone on the phone. I can't get anyone to return an email and no one ever responds to the chat . But today I received a refund for the damaged item (still sitting on my counter) but not for the cost of the shipping .

I knew better but I thought I'd try them again. I'll chock the $14 lost to a lesson learned. I'm done with them. I've spent way more than $14 in time spent.

conversely, I've got $600 worth of summit Parts sitting in my car and while Summit will take them back the shipping costs, depending on who processes the returns, sometimes I end up battling with them on return shipping charges Especially if I'm returning items from multiple orders In the same box . They're only 90 minutes away from me so I'm going to drive the parts back myself tomorrow And get my refund before I leave .
1.) Maybe they refunded the item and do not want the damaged part back. Why would they spend money to have a bad part shipped back? They are likely cutting their losses. That said, their customer service sucks. They are a last resort for me.

2.) The $600 of Summit parts, are they defective? If so, they should pay. If ordered and customer changes mind, then customer pays.

NPD is the only larger company that I have seen that really goes beyond making it right.

·
Registered
355 Posts
1.) Maybe they refunded the item and do not want the damaged part back. Why would they spend money to have a bad part shipped back? They are likely cutting their losses. That said, their customer service sucks. They are a last resort for me.

2.) The $600 of Summit parts, are they defective? If so, they should pay. If ordered and customer changes mind, then customer pays.

NPD is the only larger company that I have seen that really goes beyond making it right.
I agree, my issue isn't with summit's policy. some of these parts are incorrectly labeled or defective but some are unwanted (I had issues with fit and finish on several steering wheels, so I ordered multiple until I got a combination that worked)

if I ship them back together, based on past experiences, summit sometimes charges me for all the shipping charges if any of the parts are unwanted. sometimes they'll tease out the charges appropriately.

as for CJ, I'm sure that what it is, but I get stuck with the shipping charges for the damaged product.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts