311 Posts
Amazon ... eBay ...

yep, I said that as well

And of course, Summit and NPD, but NEVER CJ Phony Parts

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
youre right, it does happen. Who made this out to be a first world problem? No one. I pointed out the mistake and NPD corrected it. I posted to get more buying options. Other than your useless post, I got a lot of helpful advice of other sites.

Now there's a first world problem. Yes, it's frustrating and unfortunate, but it happens.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
youre right, it does happen. Who made this out to be a first world problem? No one. I pointed out the mistake and NPD corrected it. I posted to get more buying options. Other than your useless post, I got a lot of helpful advice of other sites.
Sorry, some might find reflection on what upsets us useful. Others, not so much.

Reactions: Lizer

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
as for CJ, I'm sure that what it is, but I get stuck with the shipping charges for the damaged product.
Oh, so they did not refund the original shipping. That sucks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm 15 minutes away from the Summit outlet in Arlington, TX. I've found that they stock almost all the parts I've needed and can order most of the rest. Also, Summit's return policy is among the best in the industry.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oh, so they did not refund the original shipping. That sucks.
Finally got a follow-up email from them this morning and they said it is their policy that they never refund shipping under any circumstances So whoever told me they were sending me a shipping label was just telling me that to keep me happy and get me off the chat

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm 15 minutes away from the Summit outlet in Arlington, TX. I've found that they stock almost all the parts I've needed and can order most of the rest. Also, Summit's return policy is among the best in the industry.
I guess I'll be 15 minutes away from you then today

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
And some never post to add to a conversation, but instead post to instigate or justify prior posts. Maybe some reflection will help us all.

Sorry, some might find reflection on what upsets us useful. Others, not so much.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
VMF Ambassador
6,772 Posts
NPD is my go-to for Mustang specific parts, and Summit for everything else. Don't really know of anyone else who isn't just a drop shipper. Wish that NPD had a Texas warehouse! It is super convenient having a Summit "right up the road" (well, 3 hours away) in Dallas. If I need something RIGHT NOW then I make the haul up there, assuming Summit has what I'm looking for.

I would keep in mind, though, that there are delays in everything, everywhere due to ongoing.... you know, global pandemic. My USPS carrier told me last week that they have really been getting hell because Fedex and UPS are handling vaccine distribution, pushing more packages to the postal service. I can't say I'm defending CJPP because they really are garbage in most respects, but the post being all wacko right now is certainly not helping them or anyone else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, first things first, I do not buy from cj pony parts. I like summit, they will often price match if a legit competitor has it advertised for less. I also pay attention to vendors listed in our daily posts for things like custom parts (think zray crossmember or rebel racing seat tracks) or tools or materials or rebuildrers (thank you chock) I backed off eastwood stuff as I can usually find it not in blue, for less! I also like harbor freight...there, I said it......
Whatdo you think of mustangs too fear ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Besides CJPony and NPD, who do you buy your vintage Mustang parts from? I’m looking for a good 3rd option. I’m kind of pissed with my 1st and 2nd options at the moment.
You can try YearOne and they have paper catalog too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Besides CJPony and NPD, who do you buy your vintage Mustang parts from? I’m looking for a good 3rd option. I’m kind of pissed with my 1st and 2nd options at the moment.
I highly recommend Missouri Mustang, Missouri Mustang Classic Ford Mustang Restoration Parts since 1992. I have bought parts there for my 67 Coupe and 69 Mach1 for several years. They are very knowledgeable, prices are very competitive, and stock a lot of parts. Besides building and restoring ponies themselves.

·
Registered
1968 Convertible 302
4 Posts
I find it interesting that no matter who I buy body parts through the box arrives with a different part number and "Made in Taiwan" printed on the box. May as well go with who has the best price!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Whatdo you think of mustangs too fear ?
yep, from what I have seen and read about them over the years they are good folks, small family business! I bought a firewall master cyl reinforcement plate from them, it worked great, they have some very good videos as well!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have found many basic parts for my 1971 Mustang from rockauto.com with less cost and quicker service than their competitors.

·
Vendor
3,981 Posts
I just received an upper control arm from NPD and it had the wrong shaft installed on it. Now, they are correcting the mistake, but it did kill a week of making progress.

I also ordered drop springs from CJPony and 3 days after my order I got an email that states they are back ordered and won’t ship until 1/31. Way too late!
Somehow this post slipped past my radar screen...

But, FWIW, I already knew about this issue. Your (valid) complaint prompted a manager to communicate to our Ford Product Manager (Scott Halseth) that the shafts were different on our current stock of 3082-1B upper control arm shafts.

That prompted Scott to email our supplier in Taiwan, along with photos, to find out what happened. I was copied on that email, as Scott is good about keeping me in the loop.

Now, not to derail this post and thread, I'll warn everyone that prices are going to be increasing on everything from overseas, due to a continuing devaluation of US dollars, combined with a continuing increase in raw materials costs.

That said, our supplier was unable to hold our historic cost/price for the upper arms we've historically sold, so without asking us or telling us, they substituted a different manufacturer's slightly-cheaper control arms. This "switcheroo" was not discovered until your complaint. Which (sidebar) is a huge reason I look in on this forum so often. Intelligence. Information. Problems. Every problem is an opportunity to fix and improve.

Our supplier has been firmly reminded not to switch-source on us without prior approval (we've gone through this before, although it's rare), we have added the initials of the higher-quality control arm factory to the end of the supplier's part number to insure this cannot happen again, and once we get our next container with control arms (uggh, probably 3 months), we'll be back in business with the right part.

So.... I am sad to see you seeking a different supplier after this issue. But I am proud to see that everyone involved here at NPD handled this quickly and properly, without me having to discover it first here on VMF, and without me having to bark orders and administrate solutions from the top-down. The system worked (employees acted), 100% without me telling it to work.

And I do indeed apologize for the funky-shaft control arm, and the resulting delay. This is part/parcel of being in the restoration parts business. There's never a day-off when it comes to diligence.

Rick
NPD

41 - 60 of 65 Posts