Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI DOUG2STANGER HERE
yes now that i got the 68 painted only i drive it.
my wife has a 65 so shes drives it although, she
lets me drive it. i used to let my daughter drive
mine . one time she was driving it and i was
racing her with my moped. it is a blast to be close
to your car when the driver gets on it. its like the
thing is alive , like a roaring tiger. cool man
later

douglas rhine of nebraska
the man with the sad dog face

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
NOBODY but me! My old girlfreind said she was just getting used to driving standard when she rolled her old car and wanted practice more on mine. No way in hell! I did let my dad drive once when I got it, said he wanted to make sure it safe. I think he wanted to try to relive his youth for a few moments.

Someone please buy my Ski Doo!
68 fastback, 390 4V premium fuel
80 5.0 hatch, just finished
91 5.0 coupe, daily driver
84 RamCharger 4x4 extreme mudsliger and winter junker

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
No one, as none of them run! Seems like every one I know don't like old iron. But that's okay, I don't have to readjust the seats and mirrors when I get in.

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Only I get to enjoy the wonders of Midlife. I let John Boggs drive it a short distance, though, when he came down to visit. I had SWMBO in it once when we went to a restaurant, and she said, quote "Where's the shoulder belt? It's too noisy!" unquote. That's the last time she got to ride in it...all her choice. Oh well. Occasionally, I'll let a mechanic drive it for test purposes and in/out of a garage, but that's about it.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/flamicon.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only me, i think if someone is going to break it, it should be me!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
For the most part only I drive my '66. My son usually drives it home from school on the days I pick him up (he gets his license in about 2 weeks ... scary!). My daughter doesn't like to drive it because she says I'll cry if she wrecks it. SWMBO doesn't like to drive it because "it's too loud, and the seats are uncomfortable".

My daughter's '69 is mostly just driven by her, and me when I get the chance. SWMBO hasn't come up with a good excuse for not driving that one yet (it's not as loud and has late model seats). My son likes driving the '69, but doesn't get the chance much as either me or my daughter usually has it out somewhere.

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

http://www.classic-mustang.net/johnpro

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I'll be the only one who drives the Mach 1 when it's finished. SWMBO is likely to be afraid of the power, although I will let her drive it if she wants to. She and I both drive her A-code vert. The kids aren't old enough to worry about yet. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

http://www.ultranet.com/~bpratt/images/Mach1painted.jpg
1969 Mach 1
http://www.ultranet.com/~bpratt/images/65vert.jpg
1965 A-Code Convertible

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just me...My wife not only does not drive it, she won't even ride in it. She says it's too loud and that she has heard too many stories of them "blowing up".

Her loss. I'd never let her drive it anyway. It is not exactly a mindless drive. You have to actually drive this car...

JJ
69 Fastback 302 2v 3sp. trans.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm the only one that drives my 66 GT convert. My wife doesn't like the older cars, but she tolerates them (most of the time). At least she can drive it if necessary since it's an automatic. She couldn't drive the others I had that were manual (doesn't know how and I wasn't about to teach on my Mustang and fry a clutch). She'll ride with me on occasion. The kids love to ride it though.

By the way being a newbie to VMF were do I find out what all the acronyms mean (i.e., SWMBO, LOL, N/M, etc.)

Rich
1966 Mustang GT convertible

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Honestly, my wife drives it more than me. The 66 coupe wasn't my first choice of mustangs, but got it for a good deal. I'm sure my opinion may change once it is completely finished, and resembles a beautiful classic more than a heinz 57 variety.

Doug

[color:red]VMF Exchange Board</font color=red>
http://members.spree.com/entertainment/whizco/owner/dwhisenant/66tl2.jpg
[color:blue]My Mustang is Camera Shy</font color=blue>/forums/images/icons/blush.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife occasionally drives it, although she says it is "too hot" in the summer. My nine year old loves to ride with me down the road to the King Kone for milkshakes.

James

1965 convertible "White Pony", my own lesson in mechanical humility

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did the smart thing. bought a 302 5 speed 66 fastback. my wife doesnt know how to drive manual. She follows me to shows.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Both SWMBO anf Myself drive it, If my Daughter wants to take it for a drive she may. Whith Mom or Dad of course.

73 351C C6 3.25 T-lock
Mustangs are great,
But nothing is Greater than GOD.
http://www.folksite.com/TFOB

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Just me, The '66 has manual steering and she has weak arms. She's driven the '91, but is scared of the torque and ease of fishtailing (compaired to her boxster anything is easy to fishtail.)

More importantly, she'll ride in the Mustangs with me, and doesn't freak out if I slide it around a corner.

Jason
Formerly Bluestangcom
"Got gas?"
Vintage Burgundy'66 Conv. 289 & C4. GT-ized
Strawberry/Silver '91GT
Rust/Red/Turquoise '67 coupe - Parting Out
Guards Red 2000 Porsche Boxster

http://www.bluestang.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do. SWMBO doesn't like the car "No cup holders, no heater, FM radio, nor AC" and in all fairness, both times she drove it some distance, it crapped out on her. I've since fixed those problems, but she much prefers her Suburban.

She does look very nice in the car...quite sexy! Karen knows I love the car, so she's a happy camper.

Luckily, the kids are too young. They are neutral on the car, since they drive in it all the time. Jockeying for the front seat is a big deal, especially for our 12 year old!

Thanks,

Mike
'66 Springtime Yellow Coupe
289, slightly warmed over
driven daily

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm the only one that drives the '66 on a regular basis, dad drives it from time to time and mom stole it once while I was sleeping. My sister asks me on occasion if she can drive it to school. I tell her no cause 1)she can't reach the pedals and 2)no way am I leaving the fastback in a high school parking lot.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I drive it every day. The wife had a `65 25 years ago and so likes the car, but can't get used to the manual brakes. My about-to-be-licensed daughter is, as someone else said, afraid she might scratch "dad's baby," so probably won't drive it much either. IT'S MINE...ALL MINE...AHHAHAHAHA...

White `66 coupe with `70 302 (formerly TEDMAN)
Just remember...wherever you go..there you are..buying gas again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
only me. my wife will ride with me occasionally, but she is always uncomfortable spending much time in the '65 coupe. she hates the exhaust smell for one and all that miscellaneous rattling is a turn off for her too. plus, i love to have the little vent window open(they need to bring those back), and somehow it is always too breezy on her....sheesh.
mike o

[color:blue]'65 wimbledon white original coupe I6
'99 silver convertible V6

Check out Mike & Jackie's '65 Mustang </font color=blue>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will let close friends drive it...but they understand that it means more to me than their friendship :)

BTW...my wife WON'T drive it....she doesn't like it. She says it takes time away from her....so what :)

Full Throttle
http://homepages.go.com/~ful_throttle/fullthrottle.gif

1 - 20 of 22 Posts