174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I have the following setup on my car:
289 bored out to 306 cui
Edelbrock cylinder heads
Holley 570cfm carburator
GT rear valance

I would like to install a Arvinode exhaust system.

To get a better impression I would like to ask anyone who has a the Arvinode to make a short video from the following sounds:

1. Recorded from the rear of the car at idle and with gear engaged.
2. During driving from inside

Thanks for everyones help!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I'm running the Arvinode exhaust on my 331 and it is a big hit at every autocross. Don't really understand the internet, so can't help you with the sound clips. Assuming you're running a C4 it would probably drone at highway speeds as mine did when it had an auto. T5z will fix that! It's basically quite-ish at idle and low speed/ rpm cruise. Sounds like straight pipes when your get on it.

Reactions: BradAlbrecht

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have the Arvinode exhast system on my '66 FB. This audio clip (not my car) is what sold me on it.

I installed it when I upgraded my 289 to HiPo+ specs along with removing the C4 and replacing it with a 4-speed toploader.

No idea what it sounds like behind the auto but it sounds FANTASTIC behind the 4-spd. Not overly loud when idling or at cruising speed but when I mash the go pedal it'll turn heads.

HTH

John

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Can't help you with the sound, but that's whats going on mine! Saw the above clip before and ......SOLD!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have it on my 67 coupe with a 302, mild cam HiPo manifolds, 600 edelbrock carb. I don't have a good video available right now, and its bad weather. If I get a break in the weather, I will see if I can make one tomorrow as its a good excuse and I have been wanting one to share anyhow. I really like the sounds, but I also have a T5z, so C4 will be different at speed. I currently also have the turned down tail pipes since I didn't have the GT valance when I installed it. I am sure that will make some difference on the rear sound.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I guess I figured out YouTube. Autocross run with the Arvinode exhaust starting out in second gear. Fried the clutch on this run.

Wife took the video. So yea portrait instead of landscape.

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,120 Posts
Man your car looks like it handles the corners very well. To be honest though the Arvinode sounds a bit too raspy to my ears. Just how I hear it, no doubt sounds much better in person.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Whats going on in those first, long pair of bulged pipes?
Doesn't look like much more than a double set of glasspacks.:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts