Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I are planning to go to the April 2005 Martinsville Nextel Cup race. I was wondering if anyone else has gone to this track. If so, where is the best place to sit? It appears that the cheapest seats are at the start/finish line and the most expensive look to be in the Terrace Section in turns 1 & 2. Usually the most expensive seats are the best, but that's not always the case. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
First thing at Martinsville is hearing protection,it is a necessity.
we sit halfway between the start/finish and turn 1

·
Registered
532 Posts
You can rent or purchase if you wish, head phones and a scanner. There are different models, the cheapest ones do not offer hearing protection. The name of the company is Race Electronics. They will rent two head phones, a splitter, and a scanner. The scanner comes already programmed with the teams' frequencies. I already owned a scanner so I purchased two head phones and a frequncy list. Listening to the crews talk to the drivers really adds to viewing the race.

Mike

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are the best seats in the house?

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Short tracks are my favorite! You can keep the 2+ mile tracks.....But, to answer your question, there aren't any bad seats at Martinsville. The closer to the track the better. A lot of people like those corner seats now because of the action entering the pits. The Start\Finsh line tickets are good seats......

Gary

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I sat in the Richard Petty grandstands. If you sit on the front straight you can see the pits of most of the better cars. I think this is the deciding factor as you can see the whole track from any seat.
Martinsville is a blast. I enjoyed it as much as the night Bristol race I went to last year.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone else have an opinion???? I'm ordering the tickets tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts