Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after a short detour (4 years) I am back to work on my 68 shelby conv. clone & am back looking into mustang Ii suspension kits. I have lost all my previously researched material & need to get an idea on who has the best kit for the least money.
any & all info would be helpful past experiences, customer service, bad points, good points.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
May be it's just me, but that doesn't look like a '68. But it is a sweet looking car.

Just my $0.02, but I wouldn't put an M-II front end in. You'll get much better performance out of a modified stock system like TCP or Global West or even a Global West coil over system.

Tim

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Search for heidt for older than two years and you find some threads that discuss cracking with heidt crossmember.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just finished a MII conversion for a friend's truck this summer. I would say they are fine for a cruiser/daily driver, but i would not do it for serious track work. The control arms are very short, so the roll center moves around a lot when cornering.

As for the best kits, I am not a fan of Heidts. The upper control arm is attached to the cross member with 2 vertical bolts. It has a problem with these bolts slipping in hard cornering, which causes the camber to change. I used a Street Rod Engineering kit for the conversion I did. They use adjustable control arms to set camber, so there is no chance of slipping. The control arms look more like a TCP. The Street Rod kit fit well in a 56 Chevy truck that is was built for, and the quality of the welding and workmanship was very good.

Brian

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I got mine from http://rcmotorsports.net/
No problems, great support. Now, mind you, the car still ain't done. But you did'nt ask that, did you.... never mind, I'm rambling again....

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm thrilled with mine from Rod & Custom (http://www.rcmotorsports.net/). Willie Osborne was great to work with and it had all parts and great instructions included.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts