Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of the new Autolite Sta-ful sealed batteries (group 24). Bought a group 24 hold down clamp from NPD (Scott Drake part) and it fidn't dit. Way to long and hits the radiator shroud. Where do I get a battery hold down that fits?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I got mine from Virginia Mustang, and works great. They have both sizes.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I should ask what is the correct dimensions for a group 24 clamp. This on is approximately 4-1/4" x 2-1/2". The 2-1/2" dimension is what won't fit. Is there a shorter bracket out there?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It appears I have the correct clamp, now the question is why it doesn't fit? Everything is where is needs to be (battery, tray, radiator shroud) yet the clamp won't fit without cutting it or cutting/bending the shroud. I need at least another 1/4 - 1/2" clearance to make it fit...

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Wait, it gets better. Now you gotta buy (for another $12.00 at NPD) the correct battery warranty decal that has the correct date code.....Love those judgees.....

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait, it gets better. Now you gotta buy (for another $12.00 at NPD) the correct battery warranty decal that has the correct date code.....Love those judgees.....
Ain't that the truth.

Whoops! Better watch out, they may be listening!
;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts