Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting about 6 months now for some fiberglass, I wish that was the record, but I imagine some guys have waitied longer. (shelby fiberglass from Mustangs Ulim,)
So what is a record for waiting for parts?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I know of people waiting for over a yr for some shelby parts... I found one of the rarest shelby repro hoods that is only made once every 3 yrs and bought it within 2 days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a silly answer. Ordered a mid-plate from a company(Bob Glidden Racing Products) in 1989... still waiting. They are still in court. I get a letter from time to time telling me I'll get my money back soon. For those interested, he sold the use of his name to them & they went out of business.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I had some Fiberglass on order from MU for well over a year once. I should look it up sometime but I'd like to forget it.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Dave .. you might check with "all" the usual suppliers of that stuff from time to time....they all seem to get stuff at random and usally get extra.... I was told 6-9 months on different stuff and just kept making the rounds.... never waited more than 45 days on any of it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I've been waiting over three months to get a $500 Core (and returned parts) credit from Mustangs Plus. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
2 years to get my steering wheel from Italy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased a holley fuel pump from a local all ford speed shop (POWERED BY FORD, DIVISION AVE, ORLANDO, FL, 32801), but will not mention their name here. It went south 2 weeks later. Returned it for a replacement. They said Holley handled warrenty returns. Off it went. That was 2.5 years ago now and I have never seen it. Holley says they cannot talk to me directly about the pump and that I need to go through the local supplyer I purchased it from. The speed shop (POWERED BY FORD) says that holley has it. I asked for them to look into it and they said they would call me. They said that 6 times. I finally just bought a carter from another speedshop......you would figure paying $100 for a fuel pump that it would last more than 2 weeks and that someone would care that you purchased it.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I have been waiting for some shelby fiberglass from Mustangs Unltd for 8 going on 9 months now.....they were "supposed" to get it in april...but no calls or answers as to when.....they are quick to offer refunds though....

I will put them on my black list along with other suppliers I won't care to mention. They know who they are.

regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts