Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our oldest local Mustang shop has the ability to stamp my correct VIN into my new inner front panel where it can be seen as normally would. The DMV has an approval/certification procedure for this (I've already had the rest of the VIN's verified by an officer). The shop owner has a very expensive set of stamping dies and handle made to do this, but he doesn't have the two stars to go at either end of the VIN.

Someone must have these or supply them. But...WHO???

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Kevin Marti use to have some but he got burned by someone using them improperly. Someone used to sell them on EB** but they likely got shut down (don't think they were exactly correct anyway) My dad used to have a set for his classes but I think he destroyed them years ago.

Sorry not much help but I would guess someone might contact you by PM but not so openly as on this public thread

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
The 3/16" star is available from most business' that handle rubber/metal stamps.
Have had one for years (actually, decades).

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
390GTAcv said:
The 3/16" star is available from most business' that handle rubber/metal stamps.
MSC has a 3/16" one that is close. I wouldn't say 100% but more like 80-90%. Unless you're holding a new stamp right next to an original I don't think most people would notice.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Jay_H_237 said:
........... Unless you're holding a new stamp right next to an original I don't think most people would notice.
Just have to know what to look for ;) but agreed its not easy

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jay_H_237 said:
390GTAcv said:
MSC has a 3/16" one that is close. I wouldn't say 100% but more like 80-90%. Unless you're holding a new stamp right next to an original I don't think most people would notice.
Cool! Ummmmmmm....MSC??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts