Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a lot of searching for images that match my Mustang and it seems that it is not a very common combination.

It is the Tahoe turquoise with the Aqua dash and carpet and the parchment seats.

Anyone else out there with that combination and some photos?

I was considering changing the seats to the aqua / parchment and I see there are more of those out there.

·
Registered
33,979 Posts
Parchment with __ appointments was available on all cars, regardless of color. Parchment was the "white" choice for 66-67. The appointments were keyed to the car, so his was parchment with aqua appointments. A reds car would have parchment with red appointments, and so on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's definitely a different look. You'd think they would have wanted the turquoise exterior with a parchment or parchment with blue accents.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m still between keeping it original or making a few changes.

At the moment I’m leaning towards making a few changes as I’m into the disc brake conversion already.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Seems like a fairly rare combination?

View attachment 737329
I've looked at hundreds of pics of aqua / turquoise cars and that's the first time I have seen that combo. I see the Deluxe a lot. Mine is Tahoe Turquoise with standard Aqua / Turquoise interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are the seats from my car. They need to be replaced or reupholstered hence the interest in how rare this combo was.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Garage kept since new. Bought from the original owner with the original books.

Repainted 10 years ago and still in top condition. When I took the seats and carpets out, there is absolutely no rust on the floor pans.

Only place that has some surface rust is in the trunk in the wheel wells.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
@BlakeTX is right. Very classy without having to go Deluxe ($$$$). And it's different. In fact, it's still in such good shape, I might want an experienced artist to repair, clean, maybe, just maybe re-use the original instead of replacing it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@BlakeTX is right. Very classy without having to go Deluxe ($$$$). And it's different. In fact, it's still in such good shape, I might want an experienced artist to repair, clean, maybe, just maybe re-use the original instead of replacing it.
Know anyone that might take that on?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I live in Podunk Alabama and if I were looking, I'd find somebody that has been crafting stuff since Mustangs were new. I bet there's an upholstery guru there somewhere. Perhaps the addition of material beneath the original, bonded and giving something to stitch to. Good luck!
By the way @craigsa I looked up the "ryperd" reference. Clever!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
May have found someone in Salt Lake that does this kind of restoration work. Waiting to hear back on pricing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts