Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me which UNMUSTANG God went on a wild project/honeydo list rampage:: . To have my painting funds depleted for a fancy white fence in the front yard. :( :chainsaw:

Darn neighbors across the steet. :pissed:Just moved in and put up this very nice white fence. :naive: Now the SWMBO wants to keep up with the JONES. :sick:

I hear that sucking sound coming from my hiding spot. :sick:

Troy :(

·
Registered
963 Posts
If you talking about the white PVC fencing system it's great stuff. Never have to paint it, just pressure wash it ever couple of years. I have about a 900' of it in my front yard. You can see some of it in my sig pic. I think it was about $10.00 a foot. It's been in for about ten years. Good luck in keeping up with the Jones.

Brian Jones :peeping:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Time to put the ol foot down! Point out there is no real benefit from a fence unless you need it to keep pets / animals in / out. Also point out the neighbors will realise you are trying to keep up... and the fence will be a "copy" of theirs. You need to set the standard and let them try to keep up with you, and your cherry painted Stang! :biggrin: That will look way better in the front of the house, and can actually be used and enjoyed! :highfive:

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
You could always paint the fence! :lol:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
OK, Troy, maybe you can have a little "fun" with the "Jone's"? Since SWMBO has made up her mind to use your savings for a fence, why not make it 6' tall and get a couple of Draft Horses in the yard? Not only do they EAT a small fortune every day, but dressing them up in "Smuckers" harnesses will run $14000+ and a cool wagon for them to pull will be another $20000! That will give the "Jone's" something to think about :: It may also keep SWMBO off your back to compete with the neighbors :eek:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
"Smuckers" harnesses will run $14000+ and a cool wagon for them to pull will be another $20000!
WTF!!?? 20 grand for a 1 HP cart? Jeesh...I wonder what the 3 HP version runs? :jawdrop:
I think I'll stick to my 300HP cart...for way less. :winkgrin:

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll will stick to my 300HP cart
Let's see 1HP Verses 300HP, Hmmm , Your car should look pretty good with the budweiser horse team hooked to the front bumper. :joker: :rofl:

Troy :winkgrin:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Ah yes, custom built wagons to be pulled by a team of Draft's from Justin Carriage will run up (and past) to $20K, but if you ever see the detail and craftsmanship involved I'm sure that you will understand why. As for "1 HP"...I wish we could measure a nice Shire's torque :lol: At last years Draft show in at the evergreen state fair, a team of them pulled a sled loaded with 7250 pounds of metal/sand 100 feet! No wheels involved ::

As for some cool horse drawn carriage (and a great website) check out www.buggy.com

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Wow...they have some awesome quality work into some of those wagons! I knew they were going to be spendy when the elevator music kicked in. :lol:
I'll bet a horse actually has better Torque to HP ratio then ANYTHING man can and will ever build. :shocked2:...but of course...I will leave this to the experts to prove.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brian you are not helping with your suggestion. :wall: I'd like to keep my funds for the new paint job that the GTCS Convert needs badly. :no: Darn Vinyl Fencing :chainsaw: Darn Honeydo list. :chainsaw: :wall: I should of purchased that singlewide and built a bigger shop. :lol:

Troy :naive:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Your car looks strait in the photo and the paint looks ok. How bad is it. Does it need any bodywork??? Maybe we could work out a trade???

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is so faded out that buffing would not work. :no:
The drivers quarter has ripples.Passenger has some rust bubbles. :jawdrop:

Time to do it. :winkgrin:At least I thought it was.Till The VINYL FENCE CRAP. :wall:

I have a deal of part trade already in the works.Sorry

I traded a 30 model A cp body for part.

Troy :naive:

·
Registered
963 Posts
I was going to trade you some of my Fence so you could keep your cash and get your car painted. :lol: :biggrin: :highfive:

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
trade you some of my Fence so you could keep your cash and get your car painted
Bwah :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts