Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I bought one from Autozone and it was a around $200 if I remember right. It worked great until some one walked off with it.

JBauer4363

·
Registered
5 Posts
ob testers come in 2 units: 1993-95 used ob1, 1996 up uses ob2. I purchased one from advance auto for 147.00. it reads codes, defines them and you can erase codes as well,(the dealer will tell you they won't, ha) no getting charged 65.00 for erasing a code.

the ob2 will work on 1996 up vehicles whether it be gm, FoMoCo, mopar, etc
they will even diagnose your car when driving down the road. Advance Auto's unit has a book with all the codes listed for easy reference.

very easy to use.

any questions call the Tachman, Ford instrument repair at 800-327-8716. Checkout the website at www.tachman.com. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
scangauge.com $100.00. more than just a code reader also, check it out, i have one and it works as advertised

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
OBDII scanners come in two types: generic code readers and generic & specific codes readers. The EPA made a set of OBDII codes for all manufacturers to use and these are the generic codes and they cover quite a bit of info. But each manufacturer has their own codes avaialble also to get a more defined look into the diagnostic. Try to get a scanner that reads both the generic and manufacturers specific codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts