Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fiberglass side cowls and shelby trunk decklids for a 68 coupe? dont want any junk that is thin, mounts horribly, or doesent fit the body lines well. too many people selling this stuff so let me know who has the best parts for this. looking for side scoops that are smooth, w/o the hole in the middle. thanks!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I recently installed some Branda side scoops onto my '66 FB. When I was holding the brand new part onto the side of the car, I put my thumb right thru the FG. There was an air bubble when they laid it out and it got passed on to me un-noticed.

There is NO quality when it comes to FG parts. Most will fit only after modification. I got real lucky with an NPD hood recently. It fit perfect right out of the box. Out of the 30 or so FG pieces I've used over the years, this was the first piece that ever fit w/o anything.

My advice is to pick the company with the best return policy.

Dave

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looked on internet for an AO Smith website but there is none. Are they still in business or have someone selling thier products. Learned a lot about how he helped shelby w/ fiberglass parts but how do i get the parts for myself?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I had good luck with my Maier Racing fiberglass. I had a little work on one of the end caps but I think that is primarily because of a poor body repair from a previous owner. I am using the side scoops, trunk and a hood scoop from maier on my car. I have a tail light panel from NPD that fits like a glove. I had a horrible experience with two pieces from Rebel Mustang. Both pieces were warped so bad I had to trash them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, I think the AO Smith post was a joke, and the original fiberglass didn't fit any better than most of the repro stuff does.

Stang-Aholics makes the only fiberglass Shelby-style stuff I've seen that fits great, really. I have seen it go on cars first-hand and the fit is excellent.

www.stang-aholics.com

No, I am not affiliated with them in any way.

·
Registered
295 Posts
reenmachine said:
Yeah, I think the AO Smith post was a joke, and the original fiberglass didn't fit any better than most of the repro stuff does.

Stang-Aholics makes the only fiberglass Shelby-style stuff I've seen that fits great, really. I have seen it go on cars first-hand and the fit is excellent.

www.stang-aholics.com

No, I am not affiliated with them in any way.
Cool, thanks for the link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts