Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through Popular Hot Rodding's web site and was reading about the GT350SR project that Unique Performance is doing. Regardless of your opinion of the "Continuation Shelbys" that they are making, I think the Weber Style EFI setup they are using is pretty sweet. Anyone know who makes this and what it might cost? Looks like a great way for me to fit an EFI 351W under my hood :)

http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0601phr_uniq_05_z.jpg

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:horror:

Maybe I'll have to wait a while for that setup, unless there are any rich widows out there looking for a boy toy :p

Another stupid question, but where is the air cleaner? Stuffed inside the velocity stack?

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
"Engine : 427 Shelby aluminum small block , 585 HP DC&O electronic fuel injection ."

"That's a DC&O fuel injection setup fed by 42 PSI injectors and timed by a Redline fuel management computer system . "

Im thinking the "42 PSI" injectors is a typo and it's 42 pounds per hour instead .

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Based on the center linkage I think you're right. Although I think the TCO on one of these will be much higher than a "normal" EFI setup. :(

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
It's beautiful, but a long runner style EFI intake has way more potential power (especially in whatever RPM range it is tuned for). Just food for thought.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Another stupid question, but where is the air cleaner? Stuffed inside the velocity stack?
There doesn't seem to be any. These setups are usually race or show only.

BTW, you should check out Megasquirt, if you can't find rich widows to sponsor FI.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
The air cleaners attach to the tops of the throttle bodies. They have the wire mesh that you see in the picture that you posted. Look on the other links provided above and you'll see them without the air cleaners. The throttle plates are visible without the air cleaners. One would think that those little air cleaners wouldn't do much.

Expensive yes, but what isn't when you own a Cobra or GT40 (what they were made for originally).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts