Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who in the Bay Area rebalances 50 oz flywheels for a T5 swap? Preferably in or near the South Bay.

Thanks.

Frank

·
Registered
827 Posts
Try calling Gromm Racing Heads and Engines in San Jose. 408-287-1301 Bob Gromm. Or you could call S&S in San Leandro 510-357-9041. They did the machine work on my motor, a great shop that has been around a long time.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try calling Gromm Racing Heads
I called them. They hemmed and hawed and said I'd need to have the engine rebalanced and it'd take them a couple hours to rebalance the flywheel and it'd cost a couple hundred dollars and I'd be better off buying a new flywheel and regardless would have to have the engine rebalanced. Really? Rebalance the engine when I replace the flywheel?

Thanks for the other suggestions. I'll give them a try, though I'd still like to find someone closer. I understand Sacramento Mustang does it, but...too far.

Frank

·
Registered
827 Posts
Did you call S&S? Also, I'm curious as to why you need to re-balance your flywheel? What changed?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you call S&S? Also, I'm curious as to why you need to re-balance your flywheel? What changed?
This is for the T5 swap. I'm using the 5.0 flywheel on an early 302 so it needs to be rebalanced from 50 oz. to 28 oz. imbalance, so I'm told.

I haven't called S&S yet. I was hoping to find someone closer to San Jose.

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts