Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try RainX on my drivers, after hearing that so many people have tried it. I'm sick and tired of replacing windshield wipers every 6 months after barely able to see through the glass due to streaking.

Well, the RainX works great in the rain...never used the wipers, and the water just sheds off the glass up to the top like nobody's business! Only thing is, I tend to watch the water drops do their thing rather than what's on the road! ::

RainX is great stuff!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes, RainX is a wonderful creation!!! We, like you, have found that it works better than using the wipers for most things, unless it gets very very heavy rain. Well, enjoy your new found clarity!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
If you have clear shower doors, Rainx works there too. You need to apply about every 6 weeks, but it makes cleaning much easier. Less soap scum buildup and such.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
I say so, ask my wife. She has been trying to teach me new things for 16 years. LOL!!! ::

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
geeez, you REALLLLLY have to be reaching to do a thread on "RainX" - are you trying to start one of those "paid programming" shows here at the VMF?????

we'd rather see more pics/info on Midlife.....

randy :p :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The RainX works pretty good but the stuff you buy for the windshield washer is crap. I put some in my service van and the build up over the last couple of months make the windshield look I am driving in a fog. I plan to de-wax the windshield tomorrow and stick with the regular stuff you put on and wipe off with a cloth.

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Once ya start using that stuff you can't stop and start using the wipers again ! You've never seen streaks till you have . Finally had an "accident" so that the windshield got replaced on my truck .

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Rain-x is great stuff but it WILL eat the wiper blades and you, for sure, need to keep up with the applications... it also makes snow (egads there's a scary word ::) slide off more easily - not that you have to worry about that down there in the sunshine state. ::

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Hey, good info, I'll have to try both. I'm tired of having to replace my wiper blade so often too. "It never rains in Southern California but when it does, it pours. Man, it pours! "

Regards,

Dean T

("Nobody heard them calling, nobody heard them at all, they were too busy watching the ol' raindrops fall...")

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I also like Rain-X, with one situational exception: when it's raining only a light mist after dark. In that situation, the water on the windshield is not big enough to "roll" off, and the Rain-X and "halo effect" from other car's headlight make it very hard to see.....I've had to run the wipers on full speed even though it was not really raining. :eek:

Other than that, it's a great product - especially when traveling at higher/highway speeds where the rain will just roll back off the windshield.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts