Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had seen these balancers in one of the mustang or cougar catologs. what it is, is a harmonic balancer that is physically the same dimensions and size as the factory 289 balancer but is a 50oz imbalance as opposed to the factory 28oz. imbalance and that way when i go to put a late model roller motor in a 65 mustang all the factory pulleys, brackets, wp and timing cover will work.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay maybe it will help if i explain what im doing.

i am taking out a 65 289 from my cousins comet, and installing a late model 5.0l roller motor and t-5 which this motor is a 50 oz. imbalance. the original motor(289) is a 28oz. one of the restoration catologs i was looking at(forgot which it was this as 6 months ago) had a 50oz balancer that was the dimensions of the original 289(28oz) balancer so i can use all the stock front equip and takes a lot of the guess work out of the water pump,brackets and pulley setup!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I have one for my later 302 too fit my early bell housing for the c4.

Mine came with my crate motor ...special order. I know with a little googling I could find them.

...oops...I am talking flex plate here...the balancer is one of the many issues I went with a crate motor turn key and tested (head aches and mistakes not mine)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts